Why Should I Register?
• Every ten minutes a new American is added to the transplant waiting list
• 22 Americans die each day while waiting
• When you register to be a heroic donor, you bring hope to the more than 100,000 Americans waiting for their second chance
Am I Eligible to Register?
Registering to be an organ, eye and tissue donor is simple, but many are unsure if they are eligible. Never count yourself out!
- Over the age of 18?
(NOTE- If you’re not over 18, your parent or legal guardian can sign an affidavit at the Nevada DMV when you receive your driver license, permit, or ID)
It is as simple as that!
How Can I Register?
There are several ways to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor:
- Click here or on the + Register button at the top of this page
- Visit the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and receive the heart symbol on your driver license, permit, or ID card
- Open your iPhone health app and find “Sign up to Donate Life” in the medical ID tab
Is It Best to Register Online and In-Person?
When you register online, you join the national registry! This means that no matter where you live, you are in a database that can be accessed anywhere. Having both your in-state registration and national registration is prudent to ensuring that no matter you are, you wishes will be met.